Saturday, September 24, 2016

Day 29 Life of a Mommy and Author


Every time you think you have found your new daily groove after becoming a mommy, you are wrong. Truth is, I have only been a mom for 29 days and I have came to realize that I will never have a daily groove again.

Before Elliott was here, I had a schedule that worked best for me to get my words in. It was pretty strict, with few variations. Now, don't get me wrong, I knew going in that I would have to adjust my schedule with the babe, but nothing prepared me for how much time really would be taken away; especially since I'm a breastfeeding mom.

After the first week, I decided to try to get back into a routine of some sort. I strapped my baby to me in the Boba wrap and reached a pretty decent word count a little by the afternoon just before Elliott's next feeding. It worked--for the first two days.

After those two days of success, Elliott started getting into the fussy stage. He didn't like being wrapped up because newborn wrap kept his legs bunched up and he wasn't big enough to use the regular infant wrap as of yet. He didn't want to be put down. I could only hold him in my arms. And he was cluster feeding like crazy! He wanted the boob all day it seemed like.

By then, I was so tired that what would have been my writing time, turned into my sleep time. I was beginning to think that I would never be able to write again and I should hang this career until he was much older. Well, then I noticed Scrivener had finally released their iOS app. Hallelujah, I was saved! Well, writing on your phone isn't that much easier, but it was a start. That is all I needed. I needed something that would give me a little bit of comfort and normality.

I might not be able to get in 2k words like I used to in one sitting, but I'll settle for 500 or even 300. As long as I'm able to get in a little bit of words down, then I know that I will be able to continue on. My advice is though: don't have a routine. A baby will boot that idea right out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment