Saturday, August 6, 2016

Baby Elliott Due Any Day!



I have been terrible at updating this blog that is for sure! If you follow me on any of my social media, then you already know that Patrick and I will be welcoming our first son, Elliott, here in just a short amount of weeks!

I have been extremely blessed that my pregnancy progressed well, with the small exception that Elliott tried to make his appearance a little too early last week and now I have been put on maternity leave and light bedrest while I wait for him to come.

I wanted to apologize because I have made so many promises of a book release and it hasn't happened yet. Mainly because if you look at my work schedule, you will wonder how I have even managed to make it this far. Seriously, I've been working avg 42 hours all year. On the week of 4th of July, I worked 38 hours just in 4 days. On top of that, it takes nearly an hour to travel to work and back because of traffic. By the time dinner is done, I eat, and do some light cleaning, I just want to relax on the couch with my loving husband. Of course now I am on bed rest, so I don't have a good excuse. So know that a release is coming, but I'm not making any promises on a date until the book is out of it's first edits.

I know that parenthood is upon me and it will be even harder to squeeze in the necessary time to write; however I want you all to know that writing is a huge part of my life and I will fight more than anything to get that time to continue to work on my WIPs. I would love more than anything for writing to be my income. Not only would it help me spend more hours daily on a a novel, but I would get to spend time with my son. Who doesn't want to be able to stay home and snuggle with their little baby?

I will keep everyone updated on Elliott's impending arrival. I'm super stoked to become a mother. It is a huge life change, but one I have wanted for the longest time. Please keep us in your thoughts and thank you all who have been patiently waiting on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment